[Xfce-i18n] xfce4-weather-plugin string freeze

Harald Judt h.judt at gmx.at
Fri Jan 25 18:20:57 CET 2013

Am 24.01.2013 21:38, schrieb Johannes Lips:
> Hi Harald,

[...]

> I probably would reduce them a bit and remove unecessary stuff, like the
> information that the speed limits in the UK and USA are in miles.

I have shortened the descriptions for wind speed so they mostly contain
information solely related to the weather. This should make these
strings a lot easier to translate. I've given a quick glance to the
other units, but do not find them too long or difficult to translate.

http://git.xfce.org/panel-plugins/xfce4-weather-plugin/commit/?id=690fbb915c7e87f935fca2a7cfe8120c2ae67161

> I will try to adapt the German translations to roughly match the English
> strings, but it's a lot of work, probably.

An exact match is not needed here, as long as the meaning stays the
same. I don't think encyclopedias do get translated literally ;-)

It's still a lot of work, but I'd be grateful for any help you can offer
and will fill up any remaining parts in the last week before release.
Until then I will be quite busy with fixing the last but unfortunately
not really trivial bug (#9781).

I will not change the descriptions for the labels on the scrollbox page,
as IMHO these give quite useful information about weather stuff and how
some parts of the plugin work.

Harald

--
`Experience is the best teacher.'