[Xfce-i18n] xfce4-weather-plugin string freeze

Mike Gelfand mike.dld at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 14:10:11 CET 2013

Hello Harald,

On 14 Jan 2013, at 08:31 PM, Harald Judt <h.judt at gmx.at> wrote:

> There are some strings like the tooltips of the forecast cells that will need some trial-and-error to get the alignment right; just use as many \t (tabs) as you deem necessary to make the layout look good.

I don't think using tabs for laying out text is a great idea. Different users have different system fonts chosen, so what works for one of them doesn't necessarily works for others. Even in current English translation the layout of some strings is messed up for me using Ubuntu font while I presume you aligned it properly during development.

What I'm about to do is not use tabs as all. Please tell me what you think of this. Too bad pango markup has no basic tables support which would've solved the issue just fine.

Kind regards,
Mike