[Xfce-i18n] xfce4-weather-plugin string freeze

Harald Judt h.judt at gmx.at
Mon Jan 14 18:31:05 CET 2013

Dear translators,

The next version (0.8.3) of the weather plugin is nearing its release,
and I'm hereby announcing string freeze. Strings will not be changed
anymore except if someone reports a bug about spelling mistakes,
conflicting hotkeys or similar, and only within the next three weeks.
Release is planned in a month or so.

There are quite a lot of new strings and a pretty awful number of
tooltips to translate which can get really tedious, so I recommend you
ignore those first and concentrate on the more exposed widgets of the
configuration dialog and summary window.

NEWS contains the release notes. This version is quite a rewrite, even
more than 0.8.2 was, with many fixes and lots of additional
functionality. I hope 0.8.3 will be a lot better, though it still
doesn't fix that problematic timezone stuff. While everything works fine
here - that means no crashes nor malfunctions so far - it's always wise
to expect the unexpected, so I'd be grateful for any bugs reported
before the release.

If you want to build the plugin for translation work and verification,
instructions are pretty simple and can be found in the README. There are
some strings like the tooltips of the forecast cells that will need some
trial-and-error to get the alignment right; just use as many \t (tabs)
as you deem necessary to make the layout look good.

Please note that 0.8.2 is actually unsupported because it's gradually
falling apart, so better don't spend any more time on it.

Harald

--
`Experience is the best teacher.'