[Xfce-i18n] docs.xfce.org and the wiki

Nick Schermer nick at xfce.org
Fri Apr 20 08:09:49 CEST 2012

On 2012-04-20 01:33, Sergio wrote:
> Hi, my name is Sergio and I'm from the Spanish translation team. I've
> just started to translate but I have a question about the wiki and
> the
> new docs.xfce.org page. If the docs page is going to be used for
> manuals and documentation, what is the purpose of the wiki now?

docs.xfce.org is a closed wiki for the official documentation.

wiki.xfce.org is open and users can write anything they want and also
contains things like roadmaps and ideas.

> Also, in the translations, the underscore ( _ ) is used for hotkeys
> right?
> If yes, do they need to be in the same place or before the same
> letter
> in the translation, and what happens if that letter isn't in the
> translated word?
> Thats everything right now, thanks!

Depends per language, but if the translation is missing an underscore,
it is not accessible. If the original letter is not possible, you are
free to choose another but look in the actual menu if there are mnemonic
conflicts.

Nick