[Xfce-i18n] First releases in preparation for pre1 this evening

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Sun Apr 1 17:45:27 CEST 2012

On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 18:11:29 +0200
Christoph Wickert <christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, den 28.03.2012, 13:01 +0200 schrieb Nick Schermer:
> > Folks,
> >
> > I'm starting to make some release for 4.10pre1 this evening. I'll
> > start with the packages that haven't seen much translation changes
> > lately.
>
> Hi Nick,
>
> next time, please send out reminders like this earlier. 4 hours is
> simply not enough for us translators to actually do something.

We have the string freeze so that translators have time review
and finish their translations between pre1 and the final release.
Given your own "it does not make much sense to translate when code and
strings are still changing" argument, don't you think that this is
sufficient?

Early reminders are always good but with regards to the 4.10pre1
release, IMHO there is little (if anything) to complain about.

  - Jannis