[Xfce-i18n] Getting new translations into the distro's: a limited opportunity

Pjotr Kan pliniusminor at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 23:23:28 CEST 2011

Getting new translations into the distro's can be difficult, as this
usually depends on a new release of the underlying package being
issued. No new release of the underlying package, usually means no
passing on of the translation of that particular package....

I've contacted the upstream Xfce developers about this, and they have
requested me to ask all of you, whether there are some new
translations which you feel are *absolutely critical* for your
language.

In case this concerns packages without a new release, they are willing
to make *a few* exceptions and make *a few* new releases just for the
sake of getting those new translations into the distro's.

You can report those to me, by replying to this message, and I will
pass your requests on to the devs concerned. Please restrict yourself
to just *a few* packages; otherwise this initiative may fail.....

Regards, Pjotr (Dutch translator).