[Xfce-i18n] Call on all translators: prepare for Octobre!

Pjotr pliniusminor at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 17:34:46 CEST 2011

Xfce has a great future to look forward to!

We may expect a big rise in user numbers, because of the upcoming
transition from Gnome 2 to Gnome 3 in the Linux distro's. Many people
who dislike Gnome 3, will turn to Xfce as the closest thing to the
Gnome 2 they're used to.

I expect the first huge surge in Xfce  user numbers, in Octobre.
Because then Ubuntu 11.10 will ship, with no Gnome 2 support anymore
(only Unity and Gnome 3).

So hereby a call on all translators: let's make Xfce fully 100 %
translated! The coming months are crucially important for our work.
Xfce might very well be the Next Big Thing: the natural Gnome
successor. Adequate translations are absolutely essential for that to
happen.

Good luck, Pjotr.