[Xfce-i18n] Fw: Re: Tx seems to degrade po files (midori)

Og Maciel ogmaciel at gnome.org
Thu Jan 7 17:48:48 CET 2010

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 11:19 AM, Nick Schermer <nickschermer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Christian? Could you work around this until Tx 0.8 is released?

Just to state what the work around is (in case it is not obvious to
anyone else following the thread):

* The issue is related to Lotte only and has been fixed in the (soon
to be) next release; It only affects how the message catalog is
presented to the user;
* Since Transifex works directly with the upstream repository, no
information is lost and you can rest assured that the original content
with msgctx strings is still intact;
* Downloading the message catalog for "offline" translation will have
all of the original strings, including msgctx strings; Once you're
done with your work, just submit it back and everything will be
properly merged;
* If you've already done your translation using Lotte, everything
should have been properly merged as well;

Dimitris, please correct me if I've missed something here.

Cheers,
--
Og B. Maciel

omaciel at foresightlinux.org