[Xfce-i18n] introducing myself [et]

Ain Vagula avagula at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 08:29:34 CET 2009

Hi all,

my name is Ain Vagula and I'd like to take over maintaining Estonian
translation.
It has heen not active since 2006 and even before its quality was very
questionable.
I honour very much work done by previous translators and believe that
90% characters written by them are reusable, but many terms do not
match terminology accepted by the rest of desktop translators and
users, style guides are not used, there is no punctuation at all (or
at least not where it belongs), many spelling errors, etc.
So my goal is to bring XFce Estonian translation quality to the same
level with KDE and GNOME, to make desktop switching for people easier.

About myself:
I'm translating Linux software since 1998, contributed to qcad, kde,
koffice, gnome, firefox, thunderbird translations.
Currently I'm OO.org Estonian team lead and main translator, I
maintain and translate also openSUSE base system in Estonian.

I can use cvs and svn and would like to have commit rights to i18n svn
repository, if it is not against your i18n contribution rules.

I think, as 4.6 is coming soon, it is reasonable to start fixing
'trunk' translation, isn't it?

Ain Vagula