[Xfce-i18n] Hello Serbian Xfce Translation

Per Kongstad p_kongstad at op.pl
Wed Apr 22 23:13:07 CEST 2009

Hi Nikola.

You need to create a new language code sr
(http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/php/code_list.php) for either the
Cyrillic or Latin. And then you need to create sr_xx for the one not
chosen in first part. You replace xx with additional extension.

Your files can be created out of the .pot files. And your .po files
shall be named sr.po or sr_xx.po.

Please ensure to have svn installed on your system.

Use the script http://mocha.foo-projects.org/~stephan/xdt-i18n for
downloading your files for translation. More info
http://i18n.xfce.org/wiki/svn_howto.

When you have files ready for being committed you just send them to this
mailing list. Your translation will be committed to repository shortly
after.

When forwarding files for committing we kindly ask you to use command
svn diff > sr.diff in the root of your local svn repository.

If you build a team you might be interested in doing a small wiki like
these ones (http://i18n.xfce.org/wiki/language_maintainers):

http://i18n.xfce.org/wiki/team_de
http://i18n.xfce.org/wiki/team_dk
http://i18n.xfce.org/wiki/team_es

I will recommend that your start with translation of trunk (command
|xdt-i18n init xfce/trunk) and then you merge this back on previous
versions. Trunk is the present version.
Further information can be found here http://i18n.xfce.org/wiki/msgmerge.

Also the Goodies needs to be translated (command : ||xdt-i18n init
goodies/trunk)

Hope that above is sufficient for you to start translation.

When ever you have a question you can always ask on this list or through
IRC |#xfce på irc.freenode.net. <irc://irc.freenode.net/#xfce>

Have fun with your translation.

Per Kongstad