[Xfce-i18n] Update/Bugfix of German xfburn translation

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Tue Sep 2 21:18:38 CEST 2008

On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 12:50:56 -0600, "David Mohr" <squisher at xfce.org>
wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 10:48 AM, Enrico Tröger
> <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > weeks ago I promised David to look over the German xfburn
> > translation but unfortunately I forgot it.
> > And today I noticed a weird label in the title of the 'burn image'
> > dialog (see screenshot).
> > So I fixed it and while working on the translation, I just updated
> > it. I also fixed a few missing accelerators.
>
> Thanks a lot Enrico!

No problem, sorry for being so late :).

> > @David: do you remember our discussion on IRC about the "Show _empty
> > speed list bug warning" preference? Even the English string is IMO
> > not very well chosen and translating this into German makes it even
> > worse. Is it really worth to have this pref in the dialog? IMO this
> > is too confusing, better to fix the bug or at least find a
> > workaround :). Anyway, I tried to translate it differently to make
> > it clearer though I'm still not happy with this:
> > "Zeige Warnung für einen Fehler, der für eine _leere
> > Geschwindigkeitsliste sorgt"
>
> Yeah, it's not an ideal situation. The issue is, the problem occurs
> only on a couple of machines anyways, too little for the libburn devs
> to pinpoint the problem so far. I had hoped that maybe with an xfburn
> release out we would get more bug reports, but so far this hasn't
> happened.
> On the other hand, I don't want to make it extremely annoying for
> someone with this bug to use xfburn, so I need to have some way to
> disable the warning (and I personally don't like warnings that only
> get displayed once and then never again without having the ability to
> enable the warning again). I'll think about it, and maybe find some

I completely agree with this. Warnings which could be ignored are most
probably completely useless as users (including me) tend to first check
the "don't show me again" checkbox and then close the message dialog
but never read the actual warning text.
So, maybe it's worth to always display this warning i.e. remove the
preference and instead offer the user who might be really annoyed by
the warning to ignore it by manually editing the config file. In other
words, make it a hidden pref.
Just an idea, probably not the best one but maybe the easiest one
provided all this effects really only a few users.

> other way to achieve this, given that noone else has told us they are
> having problems with the speed list bug.
>
> > Oh and I was wondering about the string "node" in the prefs dialog
> > in the 'Device' tab. This displays the device name (e.g. /dev/sr0)
> > on my system. I guess it displays other things on other OS. But
> > maybe the string 'device' would be still better than 'node'?
>
> Yes, that's probably true. I'll have a look at it soon.

Cool.

Regards,
Enrico