[Xfce-i18n] Update/Bugfix of German xfburn translation

David Mohr squisher at xfce.org
Tue Sep 2 20:50:56 CEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 10:48 AM, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> weeks ago I promised David to look over the German xfburn translation
> but unfortunately I forgot it.
> And today I noticed a weird label in the title of the 'burn image'
> dialog (see screenshot).
> So I fixed it and while working on the translation, I just updated it.
> I also fixed a few missing accelerators.

Thanks a lot Enrico!

> @David: do you remember our discussion on IRC about the "Show _empty
> speed list bug warning" preference? Even the English string is IMO not
> very well chosen and translating this into German makes it even worse.
> Is it really worth to have this pref in the dialog? IMO this is too
> confusing, better to fix the bug or at least find a workaround :).
> Anyway, I tried to translate it differently to make it clearer though
> I'm still not happy with this:
> "Zeige Warnung für einen Fehler, der für eine _leere
> Geschwindigkeitsliste sorgt"

Yeah, it's not an ideal situation. The issue is, the problem occurs
only on a couple of machines anyways, too little for the libburn devs
to pinpoint the problem so far. I had hoped that maybe with an xfburn
release out we would get more bug reports, but so far this hasn't
happened.
On the other hand, I don't want to make it extremely annoying for
someone with this bug to use xfburn, so I need to have some way to
disable the warning (and I personally don't like warnings that only
get displayed once and then never again without having the ability to
enable the warning again). I'll think about it, and maybe find some
other way to achieve this, given that noone else has told us they are
having problems with the speed list bug.

> Oh and I was wondering about the string "node" in the prefs dialog in
> the 'Device' tab. This displays the device name (e.g. /dev/sr0) on my
> system. I guess it displays other things on other OS. But maybe the
> string 'device' would be still better than 'node'?

Yes, that's probably true. I'll have a look at it soon.

> Regards,
> Enrico
>
> --
> Get my GPG key from http://www.uvena.de/pub.asc