[Xfce-i18n] Xfce4-timer Initial translation (renamed)

Fabian Nowak timystery at arcor.de
Thu Oct 23 23:45:56 CEST 2008

> > Max, for what I noticed, most translations do not specify the original
> > copyright holder and do partially even remove the full above header.
> > Do you think, and do the devs think, that the translations should
> > stepwise be updated by that piece of information? At least it is
> > frequently used to honour past and recent translator's work.
>
> Yes. The comment lines above the actual PO file header should be
> preserved. When translating for the first time, add your name to the
> list and only replace the last translator bit in the PO file header.

The point is that some translations do not have any header at all, most
do neither insert the package copyright holder nor even the program name
and of course don't insert the translators' names. AFAIK, things can
partly be solved by having a rather good template file (this would make
new translations adopt the header); but still the files with the missing
headers should somehow be updated, shouldn't they?

Fabian