[Xfce-i18n] Spanish translations - xubuntu

STenyaK (Bruno Gonzalez) stenyak at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 16:30:38 CEST 2008

Thanks everybody for the replies. My only question now is, what
version should i translate? With the wiki bash script i get to choose
from these:
        goodies/trunk
        xfce/trunk
        xfce/4.4
        xfce/4.2
Last xubuntu uses 4.4, but i'm not sure if i should translate that or
any of those 2 trunks. Do translation of old revisions get
"forwardported" to trunk?

Thanks again,

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 11:00, Per Kongstad <p_kongstad at op.pl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Freeze for Xubuntu is 23.10.2008.
>
> But please keep in mind that 8.04 is LTS and should be updated in my
> opinion.
>
> I'm not sure that users automatically will be offered 8.10 being on 8.04
> LTS!
>
> Also keep in mind that the present Xfce 4.4.2 will be released in
> version 4.6 in December and will most likely be ground for 9.04.
>
> Best regards
>
> Per Kongstad
>
> Vincent wrote:
>>

>> On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 9:26 AM, Per Kongstad <p_kongstad at op.pl> wrote:
>>
>>     Hi,
>>
>>     I have been in touch with Xubuntu developers. They do not pull new
>>     translations into 8.04.
>>     Most likely to have missing translations in 8.04 to be pulled, you
>>     need
>>     to file a bug report and point to the tarball.
>>
>>     I find this rather strange due to strings should be treated
>>     outside code
>>     like they do in Gnome / Ubuntu. Another fact is that it will be same
>>     desktop environment in 8.04 and 8.10.
>>
>>     So to my suggestions. do the translation and then file a bug report on
>>     LaunchPad.
>>
>>     Best regards
>>
>>     Per Kongstad
>>

>> Unfortunately, though the Xubuntu team is trying to maintain previous
>> releases, doing so requires manpower, and the main priority is the
>> next release (currently 8.10).
>>
>> However, if you translate Xfce, you can expect them to end up in the
>> next release if they're finished in time (not sure when string freeze
>> is this time, but otherwise it'll be in 9.04). At least, that's what I
>> experienced when translating to Dutch.
>>
>> Filing a bug report on Launchpad won't do any harm, so if you'd like
>> to see you translations in e.g. the LTS release I'd surely do that ;-)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> --
>> Vincent

Saludos,