[Xfce-i18n] Ambiguous string in libexo

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Sun Nov 23 16:01:05 CET 2008

Am Sun, 23 Nov 2008 15:50:52 +0100
schrieb Mike Massonnet <mmassonnet at gmail.com>:

> Le Sat, 22 Nov 2008 12:22:23 +0200,
> Jari Rahkonen <jari.rahkonen at pp1.inet.fi> a écrit :
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > There's a new string in libexo that is a bit unclear:
> >
> > #: ../exo-helper/main.c:206
> > #, c-format
> > msgid "Unknown helper arguments.\n"
>
> helper is actually the program name, you can read it shorter as
> "Uknown arguments.\n", or "Unknown xfburn arguments", etc.
>
> > Does this mean that a helper was passed arguments that are invalid
> > or that it is not known which arguments were or are to be passed to
> > a helper? Something else entirely? A helpful comment for us
> > translators would be welcome, but a revised string might be in
> > order.

Having "helper" in the English strings isn't really a good thing IMHO.
Most users only use the GUI and don't even know what is actually meant
by "helper". So something like "Unknown program arguments.\n" or
something would be better I guess. As long as this is not changed,
you can translate it like that.

  - Jannis