[Xfce-i18n] Proposal for string improvements

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Tue Nov 4 17:01:07 CET 2008

Am Mon, 3 Nov 2008 09:20:42 -0500
schrieb "Og Maciel" <ogmaciel at gnome.org>:

> I really like the idea! One way to do this is to maybe start a "Adopt
> a Package" program where people "sign up" to go through a package and
> improve its strings. Obviously you'd have to have a solid
> understanding of the english language and know how to make your
> changes without breaking the existing code. Knowing how to generate a
> patch is a given :) How aboout it?

Brian created something like this on

  http://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.6/string-review

You can enter your name for a package and start improving it right
away. In the end you can upload a patch to bugzilla and link it on this
page. I kinda like that. It's simple and similar to how the wiki page
for Ubuntu Hug Days works.

There are also some guidelines available on

  http://wiki.xfce.org/style/strings

Cheers,
Jannis