[Xfce-i18n] should console messages be translated?

Mişu Moldovan dumol at gnome.ro
Fri Jul 25 09:52:40 CEST 2008

"David Mohr" <squisher at xfce.org> a scris:

> So in short form I would appreciate some feedback:
> 1. Would non-native speakers appreciate translated console messages
> for GUI programs?

No. Not in Romania. Most of the users start their programs from a GUI
interface, so they don't see the console messages anyway. People that
use a terminal to start a GUI program are highly unlikely to use the
localized interface here in Romania. English is very popular here and
power users think that it's odd and unproductive to use a localized
interface.

> 2. Would the translators be willing to do the extra work?

Sure. But I'd like to be spared... :)

--
mişu