[Xfce-i18n] Kurdish in Xfce 4.4

Maximilian Schleiss maxschleiss at solnet.ch
Wed May 9 23:20:55 CEST 2007

On lun, 2007-04-30 at 18:43 +0200, Erdal Ronahi wrote:

> the Kurdish (ku) team wants to become more active again. We already
> had some translations in the 4.2 branch, but not in the 4.4 branch.

This is the state of the 4.2 translations
http://i18n.xfce.org/stats/index.php?mode=4&lang=xfce_4_2/ku , there are
no translations in Kurdish for the 4.4 at all.

> However, a lot of translations are already done in Rosetta for
> Xubuntu.
>
> We would like to feed our translations back upstream to you so that
> others can also use them.

This is good news, you could start by looking at the i18n.xfce.org
website and grab the scripts for the 4.4 branch, at the bottom of the
svn_howto page
http://i18n.xfce.org/wiki/svn_howto#svn_scripts_for_translating_.po_files . Use these to create yourself a local tree, apply the changes to it and send us an svn diff patch of the whole tree.

Once you have done so, you could continue the work on the trunk,
starting with libexo, thunar and terminal which are important parts of
the Xfce desktop but not yet branched.

>  Therefore I'd like to request svn-access. I
> have experience with CVS and SVN, I also maintain the Kurdish
> translation of GNOME and the Debian-installer.

This is good, while you still can do the above, apply for a committer
access for the Kurdish team and wait for the answer, this can take some
time that is why I suggested the above steps first.

> Regards,
> Erdal

Best regards,
Max.