[Xfce-i18n] [SPAMKLASSAT av SU] [it] New Itlaian translator?

Maximilian Schleiss maxschleiss at bluewin.ch
Mon Mar 26 00:56:24 CEST 2007

Fabio Riga a écrit :
> Hello everybody,

Hi Fabio,

> I would like to participate to the Italian translation of Xfce. Many
> Italian .po files report an Italian translation team
> (traduzioni at gufi.org) and a maintainer. I tried to contact them but
> nobody answered to my requests.. :-(

it is a good thing to try to contact the former maintainer of a
translation and since nobody answered you can begin translating Xfce 4.4.

First you should download the scripts from the i18n.xfce.org website
here
http://i18n.xfce.org/wiki/svn_howto#svn_scripts_for_translating_.po_files.
For these scripts to work, you'll need subversion to be installed. Your
focus should be given on the 4.4 scripts first.

As soon as you have all the 4.4 translations done, you will send a
unified diff of these changes to this list and we will commit your work.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask them on this list.

> I'd like to complete translation for some modules (starting from
> xfdesktop, xfce4-session and orage) or at least to begin
> xfce4-mailwatch-plugin, which results untranslated.

As I wrote to you above, the focus should be given on the 4.4 modules
first as these will be integrated in the coming 4.4.x version of Xfce.

> Can I start?

It's late now, better go to sleep and start with a fresh mind tomorrow
morning ;-p

> Best regards
> Fabio

Best regards,