[Xfce-i18n] New translators, some information on how to proceed

Pau Ruŀlan Ferragut paurullan at bulma.net
Thu Jun 7 10:11:50 CEST 2007

On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 09:36:23AM +0200, Leandro Regueiro wrote:

>It's true that the Xfce way of translating is too dificult for the
>translators, they have to do a lot of work.
>
>In another systems, like Mandriva way of translating […]

Do you really think than having to do so many clicks, uncompressing bzip2 and
alike is easier than making a svn up, editing the file and then svn diff?  In
the end you just have to send it as we do too.

IMHO the problem seems to work against a Subversion but, honestly, if you plan
to help in this or any free software projecte learning a little of control
version is a must. Just the little to understand what an update, commit
and diff is will do.

Sorry if that sounded cruel, that was not the intention. But once you know the
couple of concepts the version control way is a very powerful one.

	sincerely,
	paurullan

--
No, perquè la felicitat no és un joc de suma zero, igual que l’amor: te puc
donar tot el que tinc que jo no me quedaré sense.