[Xfce-i18n] New translators, some information on how to proceed

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 23:52:04 CEST 2007

Also try the translation, because from time to time there are bug
reports with translations that do not compile.

Now I never translate so I could be wrong here, but if you change a
mnemonic label ("_File" for example) and you change the undescore
because the translation does not contain the underlined letter
("_File" -> "_Bestand" for dutch for example). Check the application
if there are no mnemonic conflicts (ie. labels in 1 window/dialog with
the same Alt+<key> shortcut) this can be very anoying for people
navigating with the keyboard and using your translation. (Duno if the
translation is marked as fuzzy when you change the underlined letter,
no experience with this, but I do know you can change this in a po
file ^_^.)

My 0,02....

Greets,
Nick