[Xfce-i18n] need to start new team (Amharic)

Stephan Arts stephan at xfce.org
Mon Jun 4 16:44:50 CEST 2007

On 6/4/07, tegegne tefera <tefera.tegegne at gmail.com> wrote:
> I will try if it is not too big for one email. I was also thinking that it
> would create more problem since the file name is the same for all files.
> am.po
> Please confirm that this would not be an issue.
>
> The files that i sent are not finished yet. I created the po files
> translated few strings from each file as starter and sent it. Once this
> files are commited I (or some body else) will start working on them
> earnestly.
>
> Question
> Do this files get updated or are they frozen? I checkedout from 4.2 tree.
> will 4.2 will remain the same for ever??
> How is the migration to 4.4 for exmple?
>

> On 6/4/07, Stephan Arts <stephan at xfce.org> wrote:
> >
> > On 6/4/07, tegegne tefera <tefera.tegegne at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I will be glad to assist her on any way I can. And if she can help on
> the
> > > trasnlation or testing that would great too. We need every hand and eye
> > > get this thing on the plate.

> > > http://i18n.xfce.org/wiki/language_maintainers and

> (

> > Could you please send all those translations at once?!
> > This would really simplify the work of the committers.
> >
> > Thanks,

Bottom-posting (as i am doing now, replying below the original
message) is preferred on the xfce mailing-lists.

Send the files in an archive, or send in a complete patch.

4.2 is frozen... please checkout 4.4 and start translating there.
after that you can continue with the trunk of other projects like
thunar and the goodies.

For help with svn and i18n, check the howto's on i18n.xfce.org

Thank you, and i hope this helps :-)

Stephan