[Xfce-i18n] need to start new team (Amharic)

Sylvain Vedrenne gnu_sylvain at xfce.org
Sun Jun 3 20:56:28 CEST 2007

tegegne tefera wrote:
> I need to start new language team (Amharic). I have registered the
> language at http://i18n.xfce.org/wiki/language_maintainers and
> registered myself as translator too.
>
> I tried to checkout the translatable files as described on the wiki page
> but i get the fallowing error.

Hi tegegne,

What command exactly did you use? Please be more specific so that the
cause of the error can be identified more easily.

In theory, a simple checkout (without write permission) should work fine.

> svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/xfce/modules/4.2-po'
> svn: PROPFIND of '/svn/xfce/modules/4.2-po': 405 Method Not Allowed (
> http://svn.
> foo-projects.org <http://foo-projects.org>)
 >
> Any help is appreciated.
> What is the procedure for getting commit access fro the translated files??

You could start by sending your translated files here on this list.
Someone will commit them for you if they comply the standards described
on the web site.

> Also if there is any one who has started or thinking of starting an
> Amharic translation please contact me.
>
> cheers
> tegegne

Welcome!