[Xfce-i18n] [Fwd: Documentation translated into Japanese]

Maximilian Schleiss maxschleiss at bluewin.ch
Tue Jan 23 21:37:21 CET 2007

From: Moue Hirotaka <admin at mail.dayomon.net>
> Hello, all.

Hi Moue,

> I have some documentation translated into Japanese (you can see at
> http://www.dayomon.net/xfce/ )
> If you don't mind, I contribute them.

This is great work you have done there, we will take care of uploading
these in the svn tree.

> In addition, I'd like to translate the documents (on the website) at
> xfce.org into Japanese if possible.
> Could you tell me how to contribute if you didn't mind?

To translate the website you could use the svn tools to download the
essential files. If you have svn and know how to use it, you can issue
this command:

svn co http://svn.xfce.org/svn/www/www.xfce.org/trunk/i18n i18n

This will download the whole i18n tree to be translated. Take the files
with en inside and change them to ja. An example would be to change
"header.en.php"  to "header.ja.php". Translate the file and you are
done. You will then just send the files to the list and we will upload
them. The files should be formatted in utf8 only and please compress
them using tar.gz or tar.bz2.

If you are not familiar with svn, we can still send you a tarball
containing all the main files to be translated. You can also take a look
at the i18n.xfce.org website which hosts a lot of useful information on
how to proceed when translating.

There is already a japanese translator and he is also supervising the
translations for Xfce. Please contact Kawahata Daichi and tell him about
your plans, daichi at xfce.org.

> Regards,
>
> --
> Hirotaka Moue