[Xfce-i18n] Hidden or minimized windows?

Mişu Moldovan dumol at gnome.ro
Sat Jan 20 22:36:18 CET 2007

În data de 20 Ian 2007 23:13:22 +0200 juha scris:
> Mis,u Moldovan kirjoitti:
> > Hi,
> >
> > There seems to be an inconsistency in Xfce 4.4 in regards to hidden
> > windows. Or should I call them "minimized windows"? In most places they
> > are called "hidden", however in some (new?) strings they are called
> > "minimized".
[snip]
> Minimized is different than hidden.
>
> You can minimize a window (gtk_window_iconify, so it is actually iconify)
> and it is still available and can be seen as an icon with tools that show
> those (like taskbar or pager etc).
>
> You can also hide a widget (gtk_widget_hide) and it really vanishes and
> is truely invisible (and does not appear in taskbar and pager etc).

Well, this is probably a good technical explanation for GTK+ but in
Xfce the term "hidden windows" is used for what would technically be
"minimized windows". Right-click on the Xfwm4 title bar and use the
"hide window" action to see what I mean. The term "minimize" seems to
be the exception, only three occurences in Xfce 4.4, from what I see.

--
mişu