[Xfce-i18n] Hidden or minimized windows?

juha kautto.juha at kolumbus.fi
Sat Jan 20 22:13:22 CET 2007

Mis,u Moldovan kirjoitti:
> Hi,
>
> There seems to be an inconsistency in Xfce 4.4 in regards to hidden
> windows. Or should I call them "minimized windows"? In most places they
> are called "hidden", however in some (new?) strings they are called
> "minimized".
>
> I could only find the following:
>
> In xfce4-panel:
> #: ../plugins/iconbox/iconbox.c:859
> msgid "Only show minimized applications"
>
> In xfdesktop:
> #: ../settings/behavior-settings.c:289
> msgid "Minimized application icons"
>
> In xfcalendar:
> #: ../plugin/xfcalendar_plugin.c:610
> msgid "Minimized"
>

> --
> mis,u

Minimized is different than hidden.

You can minimize a window (gtk_window_iconify, so it is actually iconify)
and it is still available and can be seen as an icon with tools that show
those (like taskbar or pager etc).

You can also hide a widget (gtk_widget_hide) and it really vanishes and
is truely invisible (and does not appear in taskbar and pager etc).

/Juha