[Xfce-i18n] exo translations

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Sun Jan 7 23:03:11 CET 2007

Maximilian Schleiss wrote:
>>> Due to some internal changes, that were necessary, I had to add several
>>> new strings to libexo (all of them related to the exo-mount utility).
>>> It'd be nice if you could check and update your translations.
> As of now the French translation is updated.

I'm sorry, new strings again. The drive/volume label translations are
also handled by libexo now, since the appropriate HAL functions, which
used to do this, have been deprecated. A missing translations isn't that
worse here, since the english device label is usually pretty
descriptive, even for non-native computer users.

>> Some of them are overlapping with Thunar. In general you should try to
>> translate the volume related string consistently in both exo and Thunar.
> Here are the strings I found to be alike in both packages:
> Unknown error
> Failed to open display
> Failed to eject \"%s\"
> Failed to unmount \"%s\"
> Failed to mount \"%s\"
> Don't hesitate to post a reply if you find more identical strings in 
> these packages. Thank you.

There are certainly a few with volume/device in them. What's important
is to translate volume/device consistently (including xfdesktop as
well), otherwise things will be confusing (I noticed that while testing
the inconsistent german translations).

> Max.


More information about the Xfce-i18n mailing list