[Xfce-i18n] [AR] Finished committing...

Maximilian Schleiss maxschleiss at bluewin.ch
Fri Feb 9 23:56:16 CET 2007

Mohamed Magdy wrote:
> <snip>
>

>> This is great to see the Arabic translations resurrect after a long time.
>>
>> You spent more than an hour sending in all these translations one at a
>> time, you may be wanting to do this with one command line and within a
>> minute and spend the rest of the time translating :-)
>>

> I spent more time creating my local structure ;)

At the bottom of this http://i18n.xfce.org/wiki/svn_howto page are the
scripts that could have created for you these local structures you
struggled to create manually.

>> Also take a look at Daichi's translator guidance for more info if you
>> need some.
>>

> I couldn't find them

You mean that by looking at this page http://i18n.xfce.org/wiki/ you
could not find Daichi's translator guidance? Here it is
http://i18n.xfce.org/wiki/translation_guidance_in_xfce.

>> I checked your files and here is the result:
>>

> Thanks for doing that. I fixed thunar.
> <snip>

Don't worry, a lot of translations need fixing. Before you start your
dozens of commits all over again, please have a serious look at the i18n
webpage and above all, at the svn_howto with the scripts. If you have
any question about it, do not hesitate to ask, as we are here to help out.

> btw, are the po files automatically updated whenever the pots are
> updated? or I'm to update them?

Most of the devs do update the po files whenever they change the strings
in the pot file, but it could happen that you would have to do it yourself.

> Mohamed Magdy

Max.