[Xfce-i18n] i18n wiki

William Koch wkromani at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 19:19:33 CEST 2007

2007/8/31, mmassonnet at gmail.com <mmassonnet at gmail.com>:

> On Fri, Aug 31, 2007 at 09:51:36AM -0300, William Koch wrote:
> > Ok then.
>
> It might indeed not be usefull to translate i18n.x.o, but I second the
> installation of this plugin for wiki.x.o.  The wiki has already some
> translated pages, and would benefit from it to ease the switch to other
> languages without starting at any index page (and therefore avoid to add
> a link for the new language).

Who is responsible for the wiki?

I don't know who is responsible for this wiki. I didn't understand if you
are asking who is the Administrator of this wiki, or if there is some pt_BR
translator responsible for our translations. I don't think there's someone
on our team working on it lately.

> William Koch.
>
> Regards,
> Mike
> PS: could you please reply inline or bottom?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style

No problem.

Well, I can work on the translation of this wiki while still working on
other modules.
That plugin would be very usefull in this wiki.

> 2007/8/30, Maximilian Schleiss <maximilian at xfce.org>:
> >
> > On mar, 2007-08-28 at 23:26 -0300, William Koch wrote:
> > > Hi,
> >
> > Hi William,
> >
> > >  I am translating the http://i18n.xfce.org wiki to pt_BR, I would like
> > > to ask someone to install and configure the language bar plugin, the
> > > same that is used in http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki%3Anamespaces,
> > > this way we can make translations for all the pages on Xfce wiki and
> > > it will be easy to access.
> > >
> > I am not sure this is a page that should be translated and I explain
> > why. The i18n wiki is made for translators who would like to begin
> > translating Xfce from English to some other language and for this to be
> > done properly, the translator definitely needs to know english.
> >
> > My guess is that you are going to waste some of your valuable time for
> > something that is not really needed by any of us or Brazilian
> > translators. Your input would be much more appreciated in the
> > translation of the Thunar documentation for example, or the Terminal doc
> > or libexo, xfdesktop... In other words, there are more important parts
> > of the main desktop environement to translate.
> >
> > > Thank you,
> > > William Koch
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Max.