[Xfce-i18n] Which packages are the "core packages"?

Σταύρος Γιαννούρης stavrosg at hellug.gr
Fri Apr 13 14:45:05 CEST 2007

Quoting Maximilian Schleiss <maxschleiss at solnet.ch>:

> Sylvain Vedrenne a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>

> Hi Sylvain,
>
>> I'd like to know which packages are the "core packages"
>>

> you could surf to this site
> http://i18n.xfce.org/wiki/svn_howto#svn_scripts_for_translating_.po_files
> and grab yourself the Xfce 4.4 translator script. This script will
> create a local tree of the core packages for the 4.4.x version of Xfce.
>
> Once you are done translating these packages, grab the trunk scripts and
> translate libexo, terminal and thunar. Once this is done, you could
> translate the rest of the trunk packages and goodies.

I would *not* advise translating trunk at this point. I don't know its shape,
but it should be very similar, if not identical to 4.4 branch but it will
(should?) diverge before any stable release is made from there.

Thus, you can commit the same translations as 4.4 to keep it somewhat up to
date.

If someone has time to translate after completing 4.4 core, they should give
a look at non-core packages, at the goodies, at the docs, and maybe some other
application that fits in xfce's "light and snappy" scheme?

My €0.02.
Best regards,
Stavros.