[Xfce-i18n] Some strange behaviors in recent intltool

Daichi Kawahata daichi at xfce.org
Mon Apr 9 16:38:43 CEST 2007

Hi again,

On Sun, 8 Apr 2007 23:40:00 +0900
Daichi Kawahata wrote:

> Hi Benedikt,
>
> Just FYI, I've noticed that updated intltool causes a failure at
> 'make update-po' (intltool-0.35.5, gettext-0.16.1, perl-5.8.8).
>
> >From what I've checked so far, it seems the following line is
> the problem (you can see it po/Makefile, around 55);
>
>   XGETTEXT_ARGS="$(XGETTEXT_ARGS)"    WRONG
>   XGETTEXT_ARGS=\"$(XGETTEXT_ARGS)\"  RIGHT

To be accurate, it's

  MSGMERGE = XGETTEXT_ARGS="$(XGETTEXT_ARGS)"   ... WRONG
  MSGMERGE = XGETTEXT_ARGS=\"$(XGETTEXT_ARGS)\" ... RIGHT

but aren't xgettext options only required at POT file generating?

Thus, the line below should be kept as is

  GENPOT   = XGETTEXT_ARGS="$(XGETTEXT_ARGS)"

...quite confusing.

> Another one, my intltool-extract doesn't extract the strings in
> the files below (xfce4-panel trunk);
>
>   config/launcher-7.rc.in
>   config/launcher-8.rc.in
>   config/launcher-9.rc.in
>   config/launcher-10.rc.in
>
> I think intltool looks an extension to determine the file,
> eg. *.desktop.in, *.theme.in etc.
>
> Now, where do you think a problem is laying, intltool-*, intltool.m4
> or xdt-i18n.m4?

Daichi

ISO 639-2: http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/php/code_list.php
ISO 3166 : http://www.iso.org/iso/en/prods-services/iso3166ma/index.html