[Xfce-i18n] xfce translation to Dzongkha

Maximilian Schleiss maxschleiss at bluewin.ch
Wed Oct 18 11:34:54 CEST 2006

tdendup at dit.gov.bt wrote:

> I would like to start translating xfce to Dzongkha(Language of Bhutan).
> Therefore i would like to get some informations and pointers on how i can
> go about doing this.
All relevant information can be found on http://i18n.xfce.org/, that is
a good start.
>  I tried to check out the po files from the svn as
> given on the development page at xfce.org but am geting errors. Do i need
> to get a svn accout first?
You don't need an account to checkout. Try this:

create a folder xfce and copy the attached files inside
make them executable "chmod +x *.sh"
execute checkout-po.sh

If all goes well, it should create the folders one after the other while
downloading their respective contents. Once this is done, you can start
creating new files for your language using the pot file, rename it using
the international country codes, http://i18n.xfce.org/wiki/languages.
> and also how do i submit my translations?

Ask for a translator account or just send your translations to the list
and they will be committed.
> Thanks

You're welcome.
> Tenzin