[Xfce-i18n] Strings from libexo

Daichi Kawahata daichi at xfce.org
Thu May 4 17:26:16 CEST 2006

On Thu, 04 May 2006 17:10:34 +0200
Benedikt Meurer wrote:

> > I think he's referring to the strings:
> >
> >   $ grep -C 2 'NOTE: ' ja.po | grep msgid
>
> The translations of the GObject property names/nicks? I guess I
> should just drop the _() for the property names/nicks, it's just
> confusing translators?

I think it's up to your plan, if they're supposed to appear at any
rate, then please leave them as they're (marked with "_()"), I
just remembered once you had referred that (GObject properties),
so now I'll take over your explanations about those invisible
strings.

> > in revision 21476. Also
> >
> >   $ exo-csource --help
> >
> > gives UTF-8 encoded strings.
>
> My brain is leaking... Do we want UTF-8 there?

I never reached the supernova too, if I'm not wrong we want
proper encoded strings according to our locale values.

Daichi

Language Codes: http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/ert/iso639.htm
Country Codes: http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/related/iso3166.txt