[Xfce-i18n] Some rules

Pau Rul·lan Ferragut pau at correu.zigazaga.net
Mon May 1 15:18:47 CEST 2006

On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 08:30:17PM +0900, Daichi Kawahata wrote:

   hi all!

I reply since there a few things I do not fully understand.

>2. You can see why that line wrapping is required via commits log,
>there're so many unnecessary diffs to shadow actual diffs, in general,
>the PO editors listed http://i18n.xfce.org/wiki/translation_software
>expand a large line without re-wrapping. Before doing this, you have to
>run `xdt-autogen' in the toplevel directory.

We should do it as we do it in mail, should not we?

>    5. Do `one-stop-commit' as much as possible.
>[...]
>   Please try to minimize your commits.

`Minimize the commits' means to try to...
	 a) do one commit per day/week/fortnight?
	 b) commit as few files as possible?

>6. Like I had informed before*, you're supposed to leave your change
>   logs in libexo, Terminal, Thunar (Mousepad, xfce4-session are
>   added now, later you're supposed to leave your logs in the all
>   modules). Please accustom yourself to leaving logs you did.

So, we write in the po/Changelog file our log in all the packages? I had
half-forgotten this, sorry.

>Like above, a committer is supposed to build the applications from the
>sources without any troubles, assumed to be familiar with command line
>operation in terminal (but it's not so hard).

I do not see what you want to say with that. We should at least be able to
build the sources in order to? (I am using the trunk as desktop
enviorenment but I do not see if you are trying to tell me I should learn
something more).

>Thanks for your consideration,

Thanks for your work, great mail ;)

--

I recordau el que deia Spiderman: "és important estar aprop dels amics, però
més important estar aprop dels enemics"!