[Xfce-i18n] Xarchiver translation stuff

sofar sofar at foo-projects.org
Tue Mar 28 03:32:58 CEST 2006

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 00:40:28 +0900, Daichi Kawahata <daichi at xfce.org> wrote:
>> my name is Giuseppe Torelli, I'm the author of Xarchiver.
>> I'm glad to be in a team such as the Xfce team. Currently
>> we are separating the core Xarchiver's functions from the
>> GUI and rewriting it to adapt to the new libxarchiver library.
>>
>> I will post a new message regarding translation as soon as
>> I and psyBSD are ready for accepting them.
>
> Through your participating in the development involving us,
> you may find a great WTF moment in it, in other words, your
> being assumed of the one of Xfce developers in i18n at last.
> Note that, you shall not have to worry about your drastically
> UI/stdout/stderr strings updates until your announcement of
> feature freeze.

just a short addition - technically you can already add new translations to xarchiver but the strings will change radically (so I've been told). So if you feel like wasting time then by all means merge some translations - if you get my hint.

With Giuseppe also comes Stephan Arts (PsyBSD) who has been lurking but finally got caught up in xfce/xarchiver-code as well, so we're getting a 2 devs for the price of 1 deal here ;^)

Auke