[Xfce-i18n] po/LINGUAS

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Sun Mar 26 09:57:00 CEST 2006

Thanks for your helpful reply, as always, Daichi :)

On 25/03/2006, at 4:23 PM, Daichi Kawahata wrote:

> In the current Xfce, adding `vi' is required at XDT_I18N([])
> in the $(topdir)/configure.ac, or rather it's common when
> (glib-)gettext is used for i18n.
>
>> I've never been keen on this Gnome process: firstly, it's
>> not obvious, so you can work hard on translations, not
>> realize this editing has to be done, and end up with your
>> translations not used, and secondly, I get very nervous
>> when editing that configure.xx file: I'd hate to mess
>> it up.
>
> I see your point, and at least in Xfce, I'll add the missing
> language codes as soon as possible whenever I find, so you
> shall never see your not installed translations if I don't
> get a starvation or am not thrown into the hell-busy work.

We will hope you neither starve nor disappear into the hell of busy-
work. :D

If things get desperate, we'll donate food!

> On a side note, where you'd put your code is
>
>   Before:
>     In $(topdir)/configure.ac
>
>       XDT_I18N([ca de el ... vi ...])
>
>   After:
>     In $(topdir)/po/LINGUAS
>
>       ca de el ... vi ...
>
> at any rate, it's the same thing while the place/name of the
> file is different.

Thanks for explaining that: I've made a note.

>> So anything that separates the translation-adding process,
>> and the other essential source commands, but is obvious and
>> easy to do, gets my vote. :)
>
> The problem using po/LINGUAS is that it still needs
>
>   $ $(topdir)/autogen.sh
>
> when a new code gets added in that file while I've been
> expecting auto updating for Makefile as well (it's not
> that easy, requires re-patch for the po/Makefile.in.in).

Sounds like a nuisance for you. :S

Thankyou for making it easier for us, at least. :)

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)