[Xfce-i18n] testing the trunk

Daichi Kawahata daichi at xfce.org
Sat Mar 18 12:22:12 CET 2006

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 12:20:41 +0200
Rimas Kudelis wrote:

> Hello,

Hi,

> if I remember correctly, XFCE 4.4 is going to be released soon.
> Hence (and because I got an email regarding it today), I thought
> it's probably the right time to start translating XFCE trunk
> branch to Lithuanian.

I think so as well.

> But here's my question - is there a simple and quick way to test
> things I translate without messing up an already working system?
> I mean, it would be nice to have something like a nightly XFLD CD
> (is this project forgotten?) at least for testing purposes. As a
> user of Ubuntu Dapper Drake (oops, I did it again!), I already
> have a lot of unstable stuff in my computer, and I don't feel
> like wanting to add even more mess to all this. Any ideas?

It isn't dead simple but how about creating the new account for
the trunk and install them to `/usr/local' or another? If you take
this, you should put the required run-time library path in the
~/.profile or ~/.login like below

  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib or
  setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib

so as not to conflict with the already installed Xfce libraries.
Of course, it needs full-install from scratch.

Daichi

Language Codes: http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/ert/iso639.htm
Country Codes: http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/related/iso3166.txt