[Xfce-i18n] New Romanian translations for libexo and Thunar

Daichi Kawahata daichi at xfce.org
Sun Jun 11 08:16:02 CEST 2006

On Mon, 5 Jun 2006 01:24:42 +0300
Mişu Moldovan wrote:

> Hi all,

Hi,

(snip)

> First of all, why are there so many "\n"'s for custom line
> wrappings in Thunar's strings? It's harder to translate such
> strings and I'm not really sure if the unavoidable problems
> make up for the desired benefit...

We only have to pay our attentions to leading/trailing `\n'
in the corresponding msgstr fields, in other words, those line
breaks in the original strings are the matter of an appearance
in English, we can change the position where a line is wrapped,
although I'm still not sure if I understand your sentence
correctly.

> I have grouped the other suggestions in a PO style file, also
> attached, uncompressed. The format is pretty obvious to anyone
> familiar with the gettext PO files.

For the present, only the following suggestions have been
committed;

  #: ../thunar/thunar-permissions-chooser.c:620
  msgid ""
  "Do you want to apply your changes recursively to\n"
  "all files and subfolder below the selected folder?"
  msgsuggestion ""
  "Please replace subfolder with subfolders"

  #: ../plugins/thunar-sbr/thunar-sbr-remove-renamer.c:177
  msgid "Remove _From Positon:"
  msgsuggestion "Remove _From Position:"

  #: ../plugins/thunar-sbr/thunar-sbr-remove-renamer.c:212
  msgid "_To Positon:"
  msgsuggestion "_To Position"

The strings below aren't changed because I guess they're
the name of stock icons;

  #: ../thunar/thunar-stock.c:55
  msgid "Create"
  msgsuggestion "No accelerator?"

  #: ../thunar/thunar-stock.c:56
  msgid "Rename"
  msgsuggestion "No accelerator?"

As for the others, I think we have to discuss with Benedikt.

Daichi

Language Codes: http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/ert/iso639.htm
Country Codes: http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/related/iso3166.txt