[Xfce-i18n] New Romanian translations for libexo and Thunar

Mişu Moldovan dumol at gnome.ro
Mon Jun 5 00:24:42 CEST 2006

Hi all,

Attached you'll find *new* Romanian translations for libexo and Thunar. It's been awhile since I've started to translate an application from scratch, so it was kind of refreshing... Thanks to the LINGUAS mechanism, it was also simpler than usual.

As a happy user of Benny's excelent Terminal I must admit I had high hopes for Thunar. And I cheerfully discovered that they were met and exceeded, this file manager really rocks... Great job!

However, as always, there is still some room for improvement. I have some suggestions regarding the strings in Thunar. First of all, why are there so many "\n"'s for custom line wrappings in Thunar's strings? It's harder to translate such strings and I'm not really sure if the unavoidable problems make up for the desired benefit... I have grouped the other suggestions in a PO style file, also attached, uncompressed. The format is pretty obvious to anyone familiar with the gettext PO files.

Please commit and add the translations to libexo and Thunar SVN. Romanian translation for Terminal and updates for 4.4 will come shortly.

Thanks a lot,

--
     .
 /^)/_/(/