[Xfce-i18n] .pot?

Daichi Kawahata daichi at xfce.org
Sun Jan 29 08:45:13 CET 2006

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 10:03:06 +0200
Peeter Vois wrote:

> The pot file is created with a gettext tool during extracting
> strings from source code. If you would take the translation
> files from XFCE translation CVS repository then you should
> receive some. It was in past and would be nice when translation
> maintainer or developers create this file in regular basis and
> provide them to you through the translation CVS access.

We're already providing translation modules, see

  http://www.xfce.org/index.php?page=developers&lang=en
  http://i18n.xfce.org/wiki/svn_howto

basically they're maintained by me with a few exceptions, while
I can say PO/POT files are almost up2dated, it's hard to keep
them completely up2dated or daily updating. If you'll start to
translate PO files in SVN trunk (it's SVN, migrated from CVS)
again and want them to be up2dated without us, I'd recommend
grabbing the source themselves.

Daichi

Language Codes: http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/ert/iso639.htm
Country Codes: http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/related/iso3166.txt