[Xfce-i18n] Dutch translation of "Widget"

Adriano Winter Bess awbess at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 13:43:17 CET 2006

On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 12:44:11PM +0100, Vincent wrote:
> Hey, I started working on the Dutch translation of Thunar (I've done about
> half now), however, I had a problem with the Dutch translation of "Widget".
> If there's a Dutchie which can help me out, please do so.

I don't know Dutch (I'm brazilian), but in fact I think I would face the
same problem translating it into brazilian portuguese. AFAIK, "Widget"
is actually a jargon in GUI design and is a contraction for "Window Gadget".
Maybe (depending on the context, I haven't seen it yet) you could
translate somehing like "Window Gadget" into Dutch.

Regards,
Adriano
--
Adriano Winter Bess