[Xfce-i18n] Orage 4.3.2.9 worth translating

Daichi Kawahata daichi at xfce.org
Sun Jan 22 17:43:54 CET 2006

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 17:27:16 +0100
Jean-François Wauthy wrote:

> why not something like
>
> gchar *continents[] = {
> 	N_("Asia"),
> 	N_("Africa),
> };
>
> and then
>
> gchar *cities[] = {
> 	N_("Abidjan"),
> };
>
> and finally build the timezones with a simple for and a
> g_strdup_printf, to avoid many translations of a same word ?

Actually, original strings come from xfcalendar/trunk/libical/
zoneinfo/zones.tab (plain ASCII text not C, and it's a part of
libical), a function reads timezone in Orage is just managing
functions in libical regarding the timezone.

I suppose libical itself should be modified, but if a
transliteration works, I don't care the way to achieve and
you're a real programmer, therefore you can take over my
suggestion by your way.

Daichi

Language Codes: http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/ert/iso639.htm
Country Codes: http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/related/iso3166.txt