[Xfce-i18n] [Fwd: [Thunar-dev] partial translation]

Daichi Kawahata daichi at xfce.org
Sat Jan 7 13:49:11 CET 2006

On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 13:21:31 +0100
Roberto Pariset wrote:

> Daichi Kawahata ha scritto:
> >>Can I expect the it.po file has no issues, then?
> >

> > Other than fuzzy/untranslated strings, there's no problems, yes.
> >
> >   $ msgfmt -c --check-accelerators=_ -o /dev/null it.po
> >   $
>
> Thanks alot :) I'll cure the rest with time. By the way, do you have
> some suggestions for Thunar, in particular? I generally svn up, then
> start translating something, but get bored and quit it. Next time I
> continue I get conflicts when I svn up. Shall I better wait for
> strings to get more stable or do fast and small commits?

SVN sources (later 4.4 release) must be changed drastically unless
they'll be frozen, so there's always a possibility that your
translations will be almost discarded, in other words, SVN translators
won't cry if their translation will get discarded totally, I'd say
if you're going to continue a translation, try to complete 4.2 branch
at first or wait until official announce from package authors.

Also when you get conflicts due to package authors' or my periodical
update, you'll see it.po.mine in the po directory, then:

  $ mv it.po.mine it.po
  $ gmake update-po
  $ svn diff it.po | more

In case you see only timestamp is different, can continue your works
with your over-written file, otherwise update your file from that
diffs.

> > Off topic question, once you said about Debian Sid release and
> > some will get included, but as far as I know, there's no official
> > announcements on Xfmedia 0.10.0, Thunar 0.1.4 as well. Are they
> > going to include SVN version? At least Xfmedia has stable branch
> > though.
>
> ii  libexo-0.3-0   0.3.0svn+r1884 Library with extensions for Xfce
> ii  thunar         0.1.4svn+r1885 File Manager for Xfce
> ii  xfmedia        0.9.1-2        Xfce media player
>
> Xfmedia is kept stable I think. Thunar and Exo instead are from svn
> (snapshots, in particular, provided by Benny I think: not just
> everyday svn).

Hmm, testing package I guess, interesting to see "svn"+"rblah" in
Debian.

Daichi

Language Codes: http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/ert/iso639.htm
Country Codes: http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/related/iso3166.txt