[Xfce-i18n] Next release

Jean-François Wauthy pollux at xfce.org
Mon Feb 20 22:05:11 CET 2006

Le lundi 20 février 2006 à 22:55 +0200, Mişu Moldovan a écrit :

> Is it also required for the translators to follow
> the xfce-dev list just to get an idea about what the estimated release
> dates are? I follow xfce-i18n and I do hope we will be given some hints
> on this list about when the next releases will happen. I would be happy
> with a string freeze of two weeks or even less for Xfce 4.4 if given
> some estimates in advance.
Don't worry, a string freeze will happen and this ML will be one of the
first to know.

> However, some of us
> have very limited time for such work,
i see what you mean ;)

> Can you please find a compromise between the "release when ready" style
> and the interests of translators? And please excuse me if I missed
> something or sounded a bit too harsh.

First a feature freeze will occur (very soon i think all modules are
almost ready), then later a string freeze and finally you'll get a
deadline for submitting/committing translations and Xfce 4.4 will be
released. About the date, i'd say (and it's my estimation) during april
maybe begin of may.

Good work

Cheers
--