[Xfce-i18n] Get xfce-goodies po/pot files

Pau Rul·lan Ferragut pau at correu.zigazaga.net
Sat Feb 18 08:52:18 CET 2006

On Sat, Feb 18, 2006 at 03:31:47PM +1030, Clytie Siddall wrote:
>>  SZERVÁC_Attila  <sas at 321.hu> wrote (in part):

   hi everybody!

>Are you saying that it's correct for modules not to have a .pot file
>in their .po directory, when they want that file translated?
>
>This is inconvenient at least. We have an increasing number of
>volunteer translators willing to translate PO files, but not willing
>to execute command-line tasks to do so. The more we simplify the
>translation process, the more volunteer effort we get.

I do not agree here. For one side, you could manage to make the .po of
your language and then give them to your fellows. By the other side, (most
of the times) it is not _so_ hard and a little of command line will not
kill them ;)

>I'm also puzzled about the modules which do not have po directories.
>Does this mean they don't want any translations?

Here I agree. We (translators) should report plugins without gettext and
plugins that are not in the stadistics to help developers to fix the
situation.

--

Crouching Chuck, Hidden Norris.