[Xfce-i18n] Swedish translation

Alexander Toresson alexander.toresson at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 22:13:56 CET 2006

I guess I'm the main translator. Magnus Berg translated xfce 4.0 but
hasn't been active since then. I updated the translation for 4.2.3, so
I have in no way translated all of it myself.

And having two people working on it is good, as we could consult
eachother when we're not sure how to translate a string. And discuss
which translation to use.

I'll see if I can set up an svn repo on a server I've got running
here. It would be significantly easier to cooperate if we had one.

http://i18n.xfce.org/ should contain the info you need. Basically, you
take a sv.po file, add yourself under the header, set yourself as
last-translator, then translate the strings. For example:

#: libxfcegui4/netk-window-action-menu.c:185
msgid "S_how"
msgstr "_Visa"

_ is prefixed to the character that will be the shortcut key to a menu item.

#, fuzzy means that the string that was to be translated has changed,
and the translation probably has to be updated, or that the original
translator was unsure of the translation.

Also, to check that the format of your translated file is correct,
you'd use the following command:

msgfmt -c --check-accelerators=_ -o /dev/null sv.po

This is all I can think of right now.

Regards, Alexander Toresson