[Xfce-i18n] Updated Dutch Translation

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Wed Feb 1 20:49:33 CET 2006

Jasper Huijsmans schreef:
> Vincent schreef:
>>      > Btw, if any of the Dutchies isn't sure if a 16-year-old is able
>>      > to do this correct, please check it.
>>
>>     FYI, a current responsible translator in Dutch is Jasper, he's
>>     a core developer as well, and as far as I know, there're some
>>     other Dutch persons who are considering a contribution in
>>     the translation.
>>

>> Sure, if he  has the time to check it, I'm inviting him to do so :D My
>> English isn't perfect.
>>

> I wouldn't dare to criticize; I'm much too happy that someone is helping
> out ;-) Besides I really don't have a lot of time.

Ok, I just updated Thunar (it's looking very nice now by the way) and I
have a few quick comments, or rather points of discussion.

For the menu bar:
- Aanpassen -> Be_werken (this is the most common translation for an
                           Edit menu item I think)
- Weergavemodus -> Weergave ? (just to make it a bit shorter)
   Actually, '_Beeld' may be more common, not sure.
- Gaan -> ??  I don't know, but I was hoping we might be able to come up
               with a better translation. 'Ga naar', 'Navigatie', ... ?

General:
- We should try and use consistent capitalization. In English I believe
it is common to use title capitalization in a user interface (every
word), but I think for Dutch it generally preferred to use sentence
capitalization (first word only). This is what the GNOME-nl people do as
well, IIRC.
- Iconen -> Pictogrammen ? I think this is the windows translations, but
I'm not sure I like it better.

Anyway, mostly cosmetic stuff, very nice work!

Thanks,
	Jasper