[Xfce-i18n] Updated Dutch Translation
jasper at xfce.org
Wed Feb 1 20:49:33 CET 2006
Jasper Huijsmans schreef:
> Vincent schreef:
>> > Btw, if any of the Dutchies isn't sure if a 16-year-old is able
>> > to do this correct, please check it.
>> FYI, a current responsible translator in Dutch is Jasper, he's
>> a core developer as well, and as far as I know, there're some
>> other Dutch persons who are considering a contribution in
>> the translation.
>> Sure, if he has the time to check it, I'm inviting him to do so :D My
>> English isn't perfect.
> I wouldn't dare to criticize; I'm much too happy that someone is helping
> out ;-) Besides I really don't have a lot of time.
Ok, I just updated Thunar (it's looking very nice now by the way) and I
have a few quick comments, or rather points of discussion.
For the menu bar:
- Aanpassen -> Be_werken (this is the most common translation for an
Edit menu item I think)
- Weergavemodus -> Weergave ? (just to make it a bit shorter)
Actually, '_Beeld' may be more common, not sure.
- Gaan -> ?? I don't know, but I was hoping we might be able to come up
with a better translation. 'Ga naar', 'Navigatie', ... ?
- We should try and use consistent capitalization. In English I believe
it is common to use title capitalization in a user interface (every
word), but I think for Dutch it generally preferred to use sentence
capitalization (first word only). This is what the GNOME-nl people do as
- Iconen -> Pictogrammen ? I think this is the windows translations, but
I'm not sure I like it better.
Anyway, mostly cosmetic stuff, very nice work!
More information about the Xfce-i18n