[Xfce-i18n] daily translations builds ?

Pau Rul·lan Ferragut pau at correu.zigazaga.net
Sun Apr 30 19:18:23 CEST 2006

On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 07:55:18PM +0300, Stavros Giannouris wrote:
>On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 16:37:21 +0000
>"piotr maliński" <riklaunim at gmail.com> wrote:

>This is how KDE does it, but they also bundle many programs in a
>single "package" or "module" so they can get away with seperating the
>i18n stuff. This method is not what Xfce does, and certainly cannot be
>followed.

Could you explain why xfce cannot follow that path?

>So, currently, as most packaging systems stand, seperating translations
>from the program cannot be done easily or in a clean way.

I have to think a little more on this but perhaps we could do both.

 The problem here is to update easily the translation, not to save space,
so we could pack the translation with the program (with all languages) and
then a package with the new translations (one per language). I do not
fully like this idea of overwriting the files, tought.

Just an idea in the air.

--

I recordau el que deia Spiderman: "és important estar aprop dels amics, però
més important estar aprop dels enemics"!