[Xfce-i18n] zh_TW translations for some Xfce-goodies

Daichi Kawahata daichi at xfce.org
Sun Apr 9 15:37:15 CEST 2006

On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 09:49:02 -0300
Adriano Winter Bess wrote:

> > I found editing configure.in.in annoying myself,
> > so this looks like a fine solution for everyone.

I'd like to say it must be re-autogen.sh process once
per even single language code gets added. Moreover, it
spends a certain time on my slow machine.

> I was looking how you implemented this solution and
> I saw that autogen.sh seds the locales listed in
> po/LINGUAS into configure.in. My question is: why is
> a po/LINGUAS file necessary? Couldn't you just check
> which po files are present in the po directory and
> substitute this information in configure.in?

Your question is reasonable, it was workaround for
the multiple gettext domains into the package, for
example, Thunar could have `po', `po-vfs', `po-plugins'
directories in it, and not every directories have
same number of PO files. That's the reason this file
is required, however it's only applied all of them
are using `(glib-)gettext'.

So, there's no strong reason to use this file,
thinking just a consistency with `po-doc' in Thunar
at least.

The best solution is, just po/Makefile, po/Makefile.in
are updated when a new language code is added to
LINGUAS, because configure.ac, configure.in files
trigger the entire auto-process like the following:

  $ gmake
  cd . && /bin/sh /opt/src/desktop/xfce/libxfcegui4/trunk/missing --run aclocal-1.9
  blah
  (snip)
  blah
  $