[Xfce-i18n] Checking a translation in a real situation (eg: EO)?

Sylvain Vedrenne sylvain.vedrenne at free.fr
Wed Sep 28 22:12:49 CEST 2005

Daichi Kawahata wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 18:27:03 +0200
> sylvain.vedrenne at free.fr wrote:
[..]
>>In addition, to see the strings from [xfce4-session], [xfce4-panel],
>>[xfwm4], I have tried compiling XFCE4.3.x from SVN, but without
>>success...
>
> What exact error do you have?

That was not an XFCE issue! Explanation below.

I was trying to install xfce4-panel-4.3.2 from source,
and the ./configure step failed like this:
"
checking for libxfce4mcs-client-1.0 >= 4.2.0... not found
*** The required package libxfce4mcs-client-1.0 was not found on your
system. [..]
"
Then I attempted to install the corresponding package... using apt-get
install ..(binary installation, the Debian way) : I assume this was
stupid because no package in Debian is in line with XFCE-4.3, correct?
Because XFCE-4.3 is a version for development only...
So what I should have done to satisfy the missing dependency was
installing xfce4mcs-client, etc. (from XFCE-4.3) from source. Correct?

Never mind. Now I prefer to try what you suggested : to check my .po
files using the XFCE-4.2 that is currently on my system. I'll tell you
the outcome.

Thanks a lot for your support.

Cheers,
--